Specialty: IMplant and Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Lee Gause is recognized by both patients and colleagues as a leader in contemporary American dentistry.
While firmly grounded in conservative comprehensive care, Dr. Gause is a professor of Implant Dentistry at New York University. He has lectured internationally on topics of Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Dentistry.
He has practiced dentistry in New York since 2005, and has a boutique family of patients who are as committed to their own care as Dr. Gause is to delivering it.
Although Dr. Gause’s vision of Smile Design Manhattan is one of New York’s premiere destination’s for multidisciplinary care, Dr. Gause’s sense of professional balance is indicated by his founding of Smile Design Gallery, a charity that uses art sales to fund free dental care, for individuals being rehabilitated from homelessness, and low income children and seniors.
After 10 years in practice, Dr. Gause has emerged as a clinical leader in Porcelain Veneers, Invisalign, and Dental Implants. Dr. Gause’s personal interests are physical fitness, contemporary visual art, and development of dental public health systems in emerging cultures.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: B.S. Biology 1998
Howard University College of Dentistry: Doctor of Dental Surgery 2004
New York University: Dental Implant Continuum 2009
- Invisalign Top 5% in North America since 2009
- Fellow of International College of Oral Implantologists
- Official Dentist of the National Basketball Association’s Player Association
- NYU Metal Free Dental Implants: Alternatives in Tooth Replacement - 2015
- Facultaire D’Odontologie, Haiti: Concepts in Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry - 2015
- NYU Examination of One Piece Dental Implants - 2014
- Howard University: Dental School Keynote Graduation Speaker - 2014
- Nashville, TN Contemporary Cosmetic Dentistry - 2013
Dr. Paul A. Rosenberg is the recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Award at New York University, which is its highest honor for teaching. He served as Professor and Chair of the Department of Endodontics and Post-Graduate Director at NYU College of Dentistry for over 25 years.Dr. Rosenberg’s many years of experience training dental professionals is evident in his candid, enlightening and engaging teaching style.
He lectures nationally and internationally on the subject of endodontic pain. His new book, Endodontic Pain: Diagnosis, Causes, Prevention and Treatment, was recently published by Springer.
Honors and Achievements:
- New York University Distinguished Teaching Award, NYU’s highest honor for teaching (1999-2000)
- Director, American Board of Endodontics (2002-2008)
- Scientific Advisory Board of the Journal of Endodontics
- New York University Faculty Appointments Senior Adviser For Special Projects (2015-)
- Director, Advanced Education Program (1990-2015)
- Director, International Program in Endodontics (1990-2015)
- Associate Dean for Graduate Programs (2000-2005)
- American Dental Association American Association of Endodontists
- College of Diplomates, American Board of Endodontics American Association for Dental Research
- International Association for Dental Research
- American Dental Education Association
Specialty: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Metal-Free Implantology
Dr. Howard is an alumnus of Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa when he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.Sc. in Mathematics. He then attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, earning a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 2003.
Dr. Howard remained at the University of North Carolina, earning his certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2007.
Dr. Howard has supported and practiced metal-free implantology for several years, and he has extensive experience using all of the FDA-approved, non-metal implants in the United States. He is one of the country’s first preferred user of Z-Systems zirconia implant system.
In addition to being a private practitioner, Dr. Howard is an adjunct faculty member at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry.
- Morehouse College-B.Sc. in Mathematics, 1997
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry-Doctor of Dental Surgery, 2003
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry-Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2007
- Zirkolith by Z-systems Zirconia Implant CE Lecture and Hands-On Workshop-2014
- The Advent of Metal-Free Implantology, Old North State Dental Society CE Lecture, Fall Conference-2014
- BRONJ and Medical Emergencies Lecture, Old North State Dental Society CE Lecture, Spring
Dr. Len Schwarzbaum received his dental training from Columbia University School of Dentistry in 1983. He completed his post graduate training in Periodontics at Columbia University School of Dentistry in 1986.
In addition, Dr. Schwarzbaum received a Certificate in Implant Dentistry from New York University College of Dentistry.
He currently is a clinical Assistant Professor in Periodontology and Implant Dentistry at New York College of Dentistry.
- Columbia University, Certificate in Periodontics
- New York University, Certificate in Implant Dentistry
Dr. Walter graduated from Columbia University College of Dental Medicine with numerous honors including an award for her excellence in the field of implant dentistry.
Her commitment to esthetics and excellence in dental health led her to seek an advanced education in prosthodontics where she provided full mouth rehabilitations for patients who had worn down teeth, lost their teeth due to mobility or cavities, or who experienced a resection due to cancer or trauma.
Dr. Walter is current on the most up to date procedures by lecturing throughout the tri-state area, serving as the director of prosthodontics at Woodhull Medical Center, and conducting materials research. She has published widely on systemic diseases and their relationship to the oral cavity and is currently conducting epidemiologic studies on head and neck cancers.
Dr. Walter is committed to providing her patients with the utmost care in the most relaxed, comfortable environment.
When not in the office, Dr. Walter spends her time in pottery studios and at the opera. Although not yet an official position, Dr. Walter hopes to one day earn the title as the house dentist for New York City’s Metropolitan Opera.
- Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, 2011
- Long Island College Hospital, General Residency Program, 2012
- New York Hospital Queens, Graduate Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry Award, 2011
- Quintessence Award for Research Achievement, 2011
- Fogarty International Clinical Research Scholarship, NIH, Lima, Peru, 2009
- International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2008
- Ceramics 2016, Union County Dental Society, 2016
- Materials and Techniques for the Post and Core Restoration, Passaic Park Dental Study Group, 2015
- Ceramics 2015, Dutchess County Dental Society, 2015
- Prosthodontics 2014: Concepts and Techniques, Woodhull Medical Center, 2015
- Ceramics 2014, Passaic Park Dental Study Group, 2014
- Restorative Dilemma: Fixed vs. Removable, Passaic Park Dental Study Group, 2014
- Contemporary Prosthetics and Implant Dentistry, Passaic Park Dental Study Group, 2014
SPECIALTY: IMPLANT DENTISTRY & RESTORATION
Dr. Khurrum S. Sheikh is a native of Jersey City, New Jersey, where he graduated from St. Peter’s Prep High School. Keeping with the Jesuit tradition, Dr. Sheikh earned a Bachelor’s degree from Creighton University in Omaha, NE. He earned his dental degree from the prestigious Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Sheikh furthered his knowledge and training by completing a one year Residency at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. As a resident, Dr. Sheikh focused on more complex full mouth reconstruction treatments and medically compromised patients.
Dr. Sheikh continued his training at NYU where he completed a 2 year Implantology Fellowship in surgical placement and restoring dental implants.Dr. Sheikh has been as Assistant Professor for University of Nebraska Medical Center and presented at multiple medical and dental conferences. He is also a clinical director and active participant for the Special Olympics Special Smiles team. He is a member of the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, and Mercer Dental Society, where he will serve as elected president for the upcoming year.
Back to the top of the page
- Creighton University, Omaha, NE - B.S.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center - General Residency Program
- Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- New York University, Implantology Fellowship
- Assistant Professor, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Clinical Director, Special Olympics Special Smiles team
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, the Academy of General Dentistry
- President, Mercer Dental Society